Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On This Date (August 17) 1972-Police Officer Levy McQuietor Jr.

Posted by DallasCop2566 
August 16, 2021 11:45PM

On this date (August 17) 1972 a wife lost a husband, a daughter lost a father, our nation lost a United States Army Veteran with Vietnam Service, I lost a friend and the Dallas Police Department lost a Police Officer.

Police Officer Levy McQuietor Jr., age 28, was critically injured on July 23, 1972 when he voluntarily on his day off was cleaning the shower and restroom of the Dallas Police Department Community Service Center at 4408 Vandervort Drive.

He was using a volatile liquid cleaner and the pilot light of a nearby central heating unit ignited the liquid. This occurred at approximately 6:35 p.m., a Sunday evening.

Police Officer McQuietor was transported to and admiited to the Burn Unit of Parkland Memorial Hospital. He died as a result of his injuries twenty six days after admission as a result of Third Degree Burns over 80 per cent of his body.

Police Officer Levy McQuietor had recently transferred from the Patrol Division to the Community Services Division.

May I add, I worked with Levy at the Southeast Division and was amazed at his ability to calm any situation, no matter how violent. I was always glad to have him as the second unit on a domestic disturbance, he left everybody hugging and happy.

Police Officer Levy McQuietor #2615, is interred at the Crosley Cemetery, Hugo, Oklahoma.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login