Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

White Rock Creek Bridge Cotton Belt Line

Posted by Ben S. 
White Rock Creek Bridge Cotton Belt Line
July 14, 2021 06:18AM
DART is selling off one of the Cotton Belt Line bridges across White Rock Creek for $1.

[dartdaily.dart.org]

Built in 1917 I think there is still a plaque on it commemorating the construction. This bridge is just south of Keller Springs Road and west of Preston. As a teenager I used to fish here a lot and climbing to the top of the bridge was a lot of fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2021 06:19AM by Ben S..
Re: White Rock Creek Bridge Cotton Belt Line
July 14, 2021 05:59PM
Thanks for the information, Ben. I see that DART wants to "sell" the bridge to someone who will take on the costs of removing it from DART property. So this is just a way for DART to avoid the costs of removal itself. One comment on the for sale notice mentioned that a plan had been in place for the bridge to be moved to a hike and bike trail. Parks people must have found the costs to be too much?

Of course, there are lots of old bridges like this in the world, but still, I hate to see such things done away with. Hopefully some entity that will preserve it and even more hopefully, use it will show up.

I thought this "Silver Line" was well on its way to completion. That must not be the case.

Dave McNeely
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login