Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restaurant with Waterfall

Posted by artistinthehood 
Restaurant with Waterfall
November 15, 2019 07:17AM
For some reason this morning I was remembering this restaurant my parents would take me to as a child in the 60's. There was one wall, like 2 stories tall covered with rocks and a waterfall. I think it was near Preston Center as that is where we lived.

I was fascinated by it. I tried Googling "Dallas restaurant with waterfall" but could find nothing.

Does anyone remember this place and what the name of it was?
Re: Restaurant with Waterfall
November 16, 2019 01:57AM
Dakota's Steak House has a waterfall wall. They desribe it as a five tiered granite water wall.

Located at 600 North Akard Street in the "Underground".

The Dakota’s experience begins in the elevator. Customers ride down to Dakota's in a canopied glass elevator accessed from street level that overlooks the 1,800 square-foot subterranean courtyard. This cool oasis is complete with a 5-tiered granite water wall, multi-tiered landscaping, lava rock fire pit and black granite bar. Dakota's below-ground patio has long been considered one of the city's most romantic dining spot.

I am not completely useless, I can always be used as a bad example.
November 16, 2019 04:43PM
Yeah, no.
"Dakota's Steakhouse was established in 1984 "

This was in the 60's. Old school kinda place in North Dallas.
November 30, 2019 07:28AM
How about Sam Ventura's Italian Village/Club Village/Francisca Restaurant on Oak Lawn?

[flashbackdallas.com]

You'll need to scroll about halfway down to see a screen capture of a Route 66 episode that
shows a couple at a table with the waterfall in the background.
I believe the man at the table is Slim Pickens.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2019 07:45AM by Frank.
December 04, 2019 10:20AM
I asked this question on the Memories of Dallas Facebook group and it turns out it was Cattleman's at Preston Center. Then googled it and found a few photos...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login