Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Statue from Photograph

Posted by Greg Jaynes 
3D Statue from Photograph
October 16, 2018 11:49AM
These are example of 3d creations from a photograph. It would be kind of cool to see some John Neeley Bryan creations as well as other historical figures.

This would be an interesting project for the DHS.

[www.google.com]:

[www.google.com]:
Re: 3D Statue from Photograph
October 17, 2018 11:33AM
Or maybe someone could photograph statues around town for posterity before the Kalifornian transplants have them taliban'd into rubble.
October 17, 2018 02:54PM
Hmmmm ..... . Ben, I don't think that everyone in Dallas who has been glad to see monuments to traitors who fought against our country in order to preserve human bondage removed is from California. And those that have been removed have not been destroyed.

Edited for clarity: I don't think that everyone in Dallas who has been glad to see monuments removed, monuments to traitors who fought against our country in order to preserve human bondage, is from California. And those that have been removed have not been destroyed.

Dave McNeely

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2018 04:16PM by old man from dallas.
October 17, 2018 07:56PM
Ben S.'s political comments aside (yawn), that pic of Mona Lisa in a convertable with the wind in her hair is pretty damn cool!!! Thanks for the link Greg and BTW now that I'm back living in in the Loon Star State we should have a beer or three and talk things over around Thanksgiving when Old Man From Dallas can join us. Might proove somewhat intellectually profound or just quickly devolve into some good old Deep Ellum IPA. :-)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2018 08:45PM by Mr. Freeze.
October 17, 2018 09:07PM
Too bad there's not a picture of traitorous Jefferson Davis fleeing from Union troops in women's clothes. That would be a great replacement statue for Oak Lawn Park.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2018 09:10PM by Frank.
October 18, 2018 01:58PM
I definitely look forward to this. Will try to avoid political position taking, but won't promise not to discuss things related to Dallas that might touch on the political. Mainly though, I would just enjoy getting together with other folks with an interest in Dallas and its distant and recent history, both public and personal.

Dave McNeely
October 18, 2018 04:30PM
Frank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too bad there's not a picture of traitorous
> Jefferson Davis fleeing from Union troops in
> women's clothes. That would be a great replacement
> statue for Oak Lawn Park.

Most historians discredit as myth that Davis was actually attempting to disguise himself by wearing his wife's clothing. Rather, he was wearing a "raglan," an article of clothing common to both sexes, and a shawl, also worn by both sexes at the time. Abraham Lincoln was fond of wearing a shawl for warmth in the chilly White House.

As to whether Davis was a traitor, he had sworn allegiance to the U.S. on multiple occasions, as an army officer, as a member of congress, and as an administrative official, yet he abandoned that allegiance in order to serve the Confederacy in rebellion. Only President Johnson's blanket pardon of former Confederate officials stopped his trial for treason, which had been convened but was delayed on several occasions. Beyond that, he was attempting to flee to the western regions (specifically Texas) where there were Confederate troops still in the field, hoping to rally them for continued fighting, when captured, despite the fact that Lee had already surrendered.

[text-message.blogs.archives.gov]

Dave McNeely
October 19, 2018 12:46AM
Dane McNeely

Yeah Dave, I know. It was sarcasm. I just could not resist a swipe at the completely out of place political/racist hate speech.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2018 05:23AM by Frank.
October 20, 2018 10:30AM
Thank you, Dave, for stepping up with facts (which is what I think a forum named "Dallas History" is about). You and many others have made this forum so useful (and enjoyable) by avoiding sarcasm, political snark, and partisan sloganeering. Thanks.
October 24, 2018 03:59PM
What will be the new name of LEE PARK after this removal of his Statue?
October 25, 2018 01:02AM
mrchuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What will be the new name of LEE PARK after this
> removal of his Statue?
It has already been renamed back to the original, Oak Lawn Park.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login