M.C. Toyer
November 27, 2017 03:03PM
M.C. used to participate in this forum with fair frequency, and had an amazing knowledge of an amazing range of topics related to Dallas and Texas, especially their history. I met him on a few occasions, and found him to be a really nice person.

He has not appeared here in a long time. He probably just found most of the more recent chatter to be rather inane, and has better things to do with his time.

Still, I wonder about his welfare. If anyone knows, please speak up.

Dave McNeely

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2017 10:14PM by old man from dallas.
Re: M.C. Toyer
November 28, 2017 05:53AM
He posts on Facebook with some regularity on the various Dallas/Texas history centric Facebook pages there. Actually, a lot of familiar names on Facebook from forum posters here.

Judge Foster is admin of Pioneers of Dallas History

[www.facebook.com]

If I recall, Judge Foster mentioned that Frances James joined the facebook page above just a couple days ago.

Dallas History Guild

[www.facebook.com]

If you grew up in Dallas you may remember.....

[www.facebook.com]

There are many others, numerous.
November 28, 2017 04:43PM
Thanks Ben, that let's me know that he is probably ok, then. Hope things are all right for you.

Dave McNeely
November 28, 2017 05:37PM
Can anyone tell me how to get a Facebook account? I have always resisted the da...d device, but it seems that I can't communicate with some without it.

Whenever I try to create an account, I am told that a code has been sent to my email account. No code ever appears. There is a link on the same page that queries, "didn't get a link?" Clicking that leads to an instruction to login, and to then change my email address. Of course, I cannot login because no account has been activated, since I don't have a code to do so. Further, the email address is correct. So, the whole thing simply blocks my account creation.

???????????????? Any help appreciated.

Dave McNeely
November 28, 2017 07:21PM
M C's still kicking but he and Linda spend most of their time away - traveling, camping, riding his dual-sport. He does have a number of ongoing research projects and sends home documents and photos on a regular basis

I stay behind and am organizing and cataloging his library and research files. M C and I are cousins but I am not able to get out much.

Pretty sure M C does not post anything on Facebook. He may browse some sites when in libraries but does not have the means to post while on the road - not even a smart phone. I do post some of his maps and photos and comment based on what I have learned reading his files. I planned to repair some of his old posts here that had the Photo Bucket issues but proved to be too time-consuming. I may put up a notice to contact me for specific items.

Will tell him you asked next time he calls home, but that is pretty rare.

Henry
November 28, 2017 09:00PM
Thanks Henry, I knew that he traveled and camped a lot. Good to know that he is still doing so. Seems that I recall that he built a small travel trailer himself, and that that is what he used for his "road work."

David

Dave McNeely
November 28, 2017 10:39PM
He has built several trailers -

This one has a sleeping platform inside when the bike is unloaded but M C prefers a hammock year round. It has a small swing-out galley at right rear and storage lockers inside.

This one fully self-contained: Full Kitchen, Water Heater, Shower, Toilet, Murphy Bed sleeps 2, Air Conditioner, Generator for Air Conditioner but all else Battery or Propane powered.

November 29, 2017 09:38AM
Thanks Henry. Photos did not come through, or I cannot access them on my machine. there are links in the post, but they don't appear to work.

Dave McNeely
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login