Forum
September 02, 2017 07:06AM
Looks like this forum has died. What similar place to exchange memories of Dallas has arisen?
Re: Forum
September 02, 2017 07:53AM
I too would like this forum come back alive.
September 02, 2017 02:27PM
we all have to start posting more so it will come back alive again
September 02, 2017 09:53PM
I'm all for keeping it going. I check it regularly, post occasionally. It's not dead, but is really slow lately.

Dave McNeely
September 03, 2017 11:58AM
O.K. I'll start. Can anyone on this site expound about the the Naturopath purge in 1953-54? I know it happened suddenly.They had clinics, I think, all up and down Ross ave. Jim
September 03, 2017 01:52PM
I don't remember the purge (I was pretty young at that date), but do remember my folks speaking of naturopaths, equating them with quacks of other stripes. Later in time, I do not recall naturopaths in Dallas or anywhere else in Texas or elsewhere I've lived (see exception below). They were right, of course, since anything diluted ad infinitum has been diluted until any given volume of it contains none.

Despite this, naturopaths are treated in the state of Washington where I now live as legitimate medical practitioners, and insurance is even required by law to cover their services. I doubt that that applies to Medicare, since federal rules fit there. But the matter seems bizarre to me, as the practice is akin to what we used to call "snake oil," so far as efficacy is concerned.

edit: My bad! It is homeopaths who are licensed and practice in Washington, not naturopaths. Insurance policies must cover homeopathy in Washington, not naturopathy.

But homeopathy is quackery as well, partly but not only for the reason I cited above.

Dave McNeely

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 02:05PM by old man from dallas.
September 03, 2017 03:49PM
Doesn't look dead to me when I look at the main page and see a number of listing.
if you're on Facebook there are two groups devoted to Dallas history

Dallas History Guild
Dallas History

but you have to be on Facebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login