Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

structure

Posted by jgoodman 
structure
April 21, 2017 10:41AM
I wonder if anyone on this forum can shed light on this. Many times while driving down I-35 toward San Antonio, I've encountered this artificial mountain structure to the west of the hwy. near Georgetown. I think at one time it must have been a sort of theme park as I saw a partially destroyed sign with "Materhorn" painted on it. The whole structure today has been leveled. Watching Texas Chainsaw 2 last evening, it appeared toward the end of this violent film (entertaining, however). It seemed to be hollowed-out about 30-40 feet high. Jim
Re: structure
May 08, 2017 09:00PM
Architects are taking the lead on climbing the artificial mountain. a number of projects have amounted from this notion of constructing buildings influenced by geological forms, resulting in architectural metaphors which combine the digital, natural and artificial. sports park stozice in ljubljana, slovenia by sadar vuga architects image courtesy sadar vuga architects sadar vuga arcitects concept for the sports park stozice in ljubljana, slovenia is a mound covered by the artificial landscape of the park. If you want essay related topic you can take online essay writing service help through custom essay writing service before the exam.
May 09, 2017 03:57AM
Cancelled

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 03:58AM by Travis B.
May 09, 2017 04:01AM
Meant to say link is probably bad. Didn't mean the first message. My screw-up.
May 23, 2017 08:43AM
I'm replying to my own post.. After doing some research, the area is just south of Salado in the settlement of Prairie Dell. It was once Prairie Dell Amusement park and the structure itself was the Texas Battle Land. It had existed for 33 years prior to 1983 and then was abandoned. The Materhorn structure was a prop and hollow inside. Tobey Hooper who directed Texas Chainsaw 2 in 1986 used it and afterward it was in great disrepair. It later was bulldozed. I'm surprised it could withstand all of those actors running around in it. An RV park is on the land now. Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login