Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

historical aerials

Posted by Wayne Pritchett 
historical aerials
December 02, 2016 09:24AM
I haven't been able to use "historical aerials" - does any one know ir its still free?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2016 09:25AM by Wayne Pritchett.
Re: historical aerials
December 02, 2016 10:55AM
I have the site bookmarked and have not experienced any problems.
December 02, 2016 11:40AM
Wayne Pritchett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't been able to use "historical aerials" -
> does any one know ir its still free?

Are you behind a firewall, or some place where a Web filter is in use? I've occasionally been unable to get to it from my work, with the Web filter's blocking page saying that the site may contain malware. I think it's been false positives, because I've contacted HA's site admins, and have been told there's no malware on their site (they scan their site using Websense, and have controls in place). It's working for me today.

[www.historicaerials.com]
February 22, 2017 05:17AM
I have used the Dallas County aerial maps in the Dallas Public Library. Although they charge for the use of other images there, they allow these to go for free if you take your own photos of their 8x10 images -- which I have done with my cell phone. They have full county sequences from the 1940s, 50s, 60s, and maybe even the 70s.
March 01, 2017 07:30AM
The site was down again recently, but is up again, with a complete site redesign (the first redesign I can remember). The map window is a little bigger, and the UI (user interface) is all-new. If you are on Twitter, they also have a Twitter account, and send out tweets with announcements, like new photo additions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login