There are no words.
July 08, 2016 09:52PM
Re: There are no words.
July 08, 2016 09:53PM
July 09, 2016 07:38AM
My step-sister's husband was a DPD Officer. Having grown up in Dallas this makes me sad.
July 09, 2016 10:27AM
Travis B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My step-sister's husband was a DPD Officer. Having
> grown up in Dallas this makes me sad.

It makes us all sad, extremely sad, whether we have ties to Dallas or not (I do, having grown up there, and having family still there).

Dallas has a reputation in law enforcement for being exemplary with respect to the police department being trained and effective at working with the community and for having community support. National news is reporting that people in the demonstration reported a high degree of cooperation and support from the officers present while the demonstration was under way. Numerous of them have expressed a high level of appreciation for the police officers, and how they protected the demonstrators safety.

Then this, from evidently a lone, rogue actor.

But we as a nation must find a way to stop the epidemic of senseless violence and killing, no matter from where it stems. Dallas is not alone in this. It certainly has the sympathy of most of the rest of the nation, but the nation must provide more than its sympathy.

Dave McNeely
July 11, 2016 07:53AM
The DART officer, Brent Thompson, was a regular at Norma's Cafe in OC. In fact, the circulated photo of him was taken at Norma's just a couple of weeks ago, right before his wedding.
rs
July 11, 2016 08:50PM
First they reported a triangulation of shooters. Now it's a 'lone nut'. Does anyone else hear the echo?
July 11, 2016 09:13PM
rs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First they reported a triangulation of shooters.
> Now it's a 'lone nut'. Does anyone else hear the
> echo?

I'm not sure what you mean by "the echo." The "triangulation" was ultimately determined to be due to the "lone nut" firing from one location, moving to another and firing again, then moving to still another location. That is a well known tactic used in military action, which is where he probably learned it, despite specializing in building trades when in the army.

Dave McNeely
July 18, 2016 07:50PM
Apparently he spent a lot of time working out his tactics in his backyard in Mesquite. Such a sad, lost young man.

old man from dallas Wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by "the echo." The
> "triangulation" was ultimately determined to be
> due to the "lone nut" firing from one location,
> moving to another and firing again, then moving to
> still another location. That is a well known
> tactic used in military action, which is where he
> probably learned it, despite specializing in
> building trades when in the army.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login