Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

phorum

Posted by Wayne Pritchett 
phorum
May 13, 2016 07:49AM
where is everyone? I called DHS but they never called back.
Re: phorum
May 13, 2016 10:11AM
Wayne, I still monitor (and occasionally post something). I hope this site is not going the way of so many, with Facebook having replaced them for most. I still don't participate in Facebook, and still intend to continue not participating. But some communication is getting to be difficult if one doesn't. I recently was completely unaware of a family matter of some importance until it was too late for me to do anything concerning it. When I mentioned not knowing about the matter to the person most centrally involved, she replied, "I posted it on Facebook, so everyone should have known." Oh well. I pointed out that it was a private family matter, and that people who really should know should be informed, but I don't think she got it.

Dave McNeely
May 13, 2016 07:41PM
So called "Social Media" seems to be more for folks that do not want to interact one-on-one and should probably be called "Anti-Social Media".

Aside: Wonder why the emojis don't work??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2016 07:43PM by Frank.
May 16, 2016 09:41AM
I still monitor and post here, and on three or four different FB groups that cover the same topics (Dallas History, Dallas History Guild, Dallas Retro, and North Texas History). There's also a DHS group now. When someone on one of those groups post something and can't get an answer, I usually send them over here. I still think some of the best sources of information (like MC Toyer) are on the Phorum.
May 16, 2016 04:53PM
I still check in here but have been busy with kids graduating and stuff. It HAS been slow lately though.
rs
May 23, 2016 10:08PM
I can't stay far enough away from Phony Book and hope this Phorum continues. it's always been such a comfortable, informative place to drop by.

Robert
May 27, 2016 09:04AM
A comforting site to peruse. It has saved my sanity many times. Jim
May 27, 2016 09:16AM
I'm still lurking and enjoying daily.
May 27, 2016 01:58PM
Me too
May 28, 2016 07:47AM
Wife and I both monitor regularly. Post if I have something relevant that I still remember.
May 28, 2016 09:59AM
It's good to see that there are still people around that like to remember the Dallas in the 40s, 50s, and 60s and,and ,I suppose, the 70s. We all seem to share certain memories and recollections of places and events. Jim
May 28, 2016 06:39PM
I check in here once a week to catch up on what people have posted. I love this message board.
May 29, 2016 03:07AM
I didn't actually live in Dallas until I got out of the Air Farce in 1971. However, I have fond memories of visiting my grandparents in Oak Ckiff/Winnetka Heights as far back as the late '40s. They bought the house at 221 N. Windomere in about 1915.Before that, they their first house was at 78 9th Street (not so nice part of town, last time i Drove by) beginning in 1905, when they were married. My dad was in 1st graduating class at Sunset - he started HS at old OCHS. Some day I'll get around to scanning some of my old photos & post them.
May 29, 2016 01:07PM
I still check the Phorum about once a week. I do not use Facebook and do not intend to. I did not post any comments for several weeks because there were no requests for information on subjects which I am knowledgeable on. I hope the Phorum continues to be a place where people can provide information to help others in their research.
May 30, 2016 06:46AM
And I check in to read all the posts of the area where I was born, raised and schooled, but have not lived there since graduating from Texas A&M in 1960.
June 04, 2016 10:54PM
I am still here. This is where the real historian are.
June 06, 2016 08:19PM
I'm still a regular checker inner and post a comment now and then if there's something I can add. Still love this board after 15 or so years.
June 07, 2016 09:05AM
I try to check in here most days, looking for new posts or responses to existing ones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login