Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need an admin to approve an account?

Posted by sharkins 
Need an admin to approve an account?
March 14, 2016 08:48AM
Hello all, recently, Brenna Elliott, who is on the Dallas History Guild Facebook group, tried to set up a profile on the Phorum, to post questions here. Does an admin need to approve accounts here? It's been so long since I joined, I couldn't remember how the process worked, and whether an admin needed to approve new users. I'm asking on Brenna's behalf. Thanks!
Re: Need an admin to approve an account?
March 14, 2016 03:03PM
I didn't need admin approval when I joined, just entered a code into a box. One of those bot proof codes.

However, that's been a while, so it could well require admin approval now. There had been a marked lack of spam the last few months and that could be why.

Paul
March 21, 2016 07:26PM
Short answer is yes. When one goes to setup an account.the usual info is requested, Name, password, re-enter password. There is then a requirement to enter a code displayed. Code is to help prevent spam. Once completed you receive an acknowledgement and a link in an email to validate your account. Clicking on that link results in a reply that an administrator will review, approve and send an email and you can then log in to the board. My wife went through it last week and is still awaiting the second email. I guess the DHS is not checking the board very often. Seems to be used less now.
March 30, 2016 01:01PM
Update...after waiting 2 weeks for the administrator review to approve my wife's new account I called DHS. Seems the position who does that is vacant. New person coming aboard next month. Patience should be rewarded then.
March 31, 2016 07:21AM
Travis B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Update...after waiting 2 weeks for the
> administrator review to approve my wife's new
> account I called DHS. Seems the position who does
> that is vacant. New person coming aboard next
> month. Patience should be rewarded then.

Travis, thanks for the update. I will let Brenna know.
April 04, 2016 08:46PM
Admin is now processing new accounts.
April 10, 2016 04:37PM
When I joined in the yea 2000 seems like there was no one to approve it....just joined....Bill Strouse
April 11, 2016 07:50AM
To the new admin, thanks! Brenna informed me that her account is now set up. Thanks again.
May 16, 2016 12:22PM
I have been trying to get approved to join the Phorum for three weeks. Might have happened sooner if I had not been waiting so patiently, but I am happy to report I got access today. I am told that Wendy Cole, Dallas Historical Society’s archivist, is now in charge of all approvals for the DHS Phorum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login