Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Car on top of house

Posted by kenneth59 
Car on top of house
February 14, 2016 10:35PM
During the mid 60's, somewhere in Oak Cliff there was a car dealer that during Christmas time had an actual car parked on top of his house, I know I saw it several years in a row but was too small to know exactly where it was. Had to be in Oak Cliff because we didnt drive far from our house to see it and we lived in SW Oak Cliff. I remember there was a long line of cars on his road waiting to drive by to see all his Christmas decorations and the car parked on his roof. Anyone remember this and who it was?
Re: Car on top of house
February 15, 2016 12:52PM
I remember this, but like kenneth, I am unable to recall the particular location. Was it Singing Hills? Seems right, but I am not sure.

Who owned the Chrevrolet dealership in Oak Cliff at that time? It seems like it was owned by someone other than Earl Hayes, whose name it bore, and that that was the person with the elaborate Christmas display.

I was wrong, Hayes still owned the dealership in the sixties, and I do think it was his family who had the display.

Dave McNeely

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2016 12:55PM by old man from dallas.
February 15, 2016 02:06PM
The car on the roof as a Christmas decoration was at the home of the owner of Snuffy Smith Motors and was on or around Southwood Street in the vicinity of Kimball High School. Used to hang out some with his son Billy way back in the day.
February 15, 2016 06:12PM
Mr. Freeze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The car on the roof as a Christmas decoration was
> at the home of the owner of Snuffy Smith Motors
> and was on or around Southwood Street in the
> vicinity of Kimball High School. Used to hang out
> some with his son Billy way back in the day.

snuffy smith motors guy, thats it. Was that his name or just a business name? Around kimball sounds about right because we didnt drive far to see that car on his roof during Christmas time.
February 18, 2016 12:28PM
Mulling it over I think it was on Brook Valley Ln.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/101743839570/search/?query=snuffy%20smith

Third pic down (excluding the Beverly Hills Baptist Church header pic).

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 01:47PM by Mr. Freeze.
February 18, 2016 11:27PM
mr freeze that does look like the place
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login