Old Transportation in Grand Prairie-do u Remember
August 11, 2014 10:57AM
Tell me about when Grand Prairie had Public Transportation
Re: Old Transportation in Grand Prairie-do u Remember
August 11, 2014 11:30AM
All I can find out is in July 1902 Interurban Trolley started service in Grand Prairie (formally named Dechman) and there also was a Train Depot on main street across from where the reopened Up Town Theater is today, The train depot was serviced by Texas and Pacific Railraod. I find no information on when these services stop, however I know for a FACT there is no Public Transportation in Grand PrairieNOW and has not been for many years probably over 40 years. I cant find any info on the subject of WHEN, WHY and WHO stopped it. PLEASE HELP ME, plea. thanks
August 22, 2014 12:28PM
I remember coming thru Grand Prairie on a Santa Fe Passenger Train in November of 1958 on the way to Dallas Union Station.....I had just come home from Korea on a Troop Ship and rode the train from Seattle to Dallas to start a long leave that lasted thru Christmas and New Year..............Bill Strouse
May 31, 2019 10:25PM
Sorry for not noting this inquiry in a timely manner.

Grand Prairie had publicly available transportation, though not not a public system like a city bus system, in the mid-sixties. My future wife made use of a bus that ran from downtown Dallas, stopped somewhere in Oak Cliff, then Grand Prairie, then Arlington to attend UT Arlington during that time. It may have been called "Texas Bus Lines." Of course, the interurban railroads that connected North Texas cities years before that were not publicly owned either, but were for profit operations.

Dave McNeely
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login