Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ed Ormond's Grocery Store

Posted by Dennis H 
Ed Ormond's Grocery Store
July 27, 2014 06:25AM
Does this photo from Traces of Texas bring back any memories for anyone on this forum?
[www.facebook.com]

Readers' comments seem to doubt the location of the photo.
Re: Ed Ormond's Grocery Store
July 31, 2014 08:39PM
It seems to me in the 50s there was an Ed Ormond's store in O.C. around Lida Howe Elem. or Greiner J.H. Jim
August 01, 2014 09:43AM

It seems to me in the 50s there was an Ed Ormond's store in O.C. around Lida Howe Elem. or Greiner

I went to Lida Hooe during the '70s. There was a store across Hampton (at Gladstone) that everyone referred to as "Ed's", although the name of the store was different by that time.

[www.flickr.com]
August 02, 2014 10:12AM
The correct spelling is Orman. In 1959 there was an Orman's Drive In Grocery at 602 S. Hampton in Oak Cliff. It was owned by Edward L. Orman who lived on Sunset Ave. in Oak Cliff.

There were some other business's in Dallas that were owned by people named Ormand. But not a grocery.
September 16, 2020 08:01PM
Ormans drive in was owned by Ed Orman a graduate of Sunset in 1928 whos daughter Jan went to Lida Hoe with me in 1954 i think. That was a long time ago but I can still remember her pretty blonde hair. My father also owned a grocery store in Oak Cliff and he and Ed were friends
September 16, 2020 08:28PM
Greattexas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ormans drive in was owned by Ed Orman a graduate
> of Sunset in 1928 whos daughter Jan went to Lida
> Hoe with me in 1954 i think. That was a long
> time ago but I can still remember her pretty
> blonde hair. My father also owned a grocery store
> in Oak Cliff and he and Ed were friends

Greattexas, what Oak Cliff grocery was your father's? Where was it located?

Dave McNeely
September 16, 2020 08:47PM
My Dads store was on the corner of Pierce and Brandon. The old building is still there. I sold it many years ago after my fathers death. I spent a lot of years growing up in that old store. Lots of good memories.
Don Davis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login