Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KZEW radio station

Posted by kenneth59 
Re: KZEW radio station
June 12, 2017 07:41PM
For those that have fond memories of KZEW, you might be interested to learn that it has returned in a way. Some of the DJs and others from the original Dallas station have started streaming an online version. They can't use the KZEW call letters because they are now used by a NY station but do use the old "ZooLoo" logo. Unfortunately the DJs are not live but only sometimes the next music is announced by a pre-recording. Much of the music is from KZEW's playlist plus some newer cuts. Unlike some others here, I never considered KZEW a "Hard Rock" station. But an "Alternative Rock/Album Rock" station and was much like Jon Dillon's 2 hour show on KRLD pre-KZEW. Anyway if you want to spend some time on memory lane do a search for "The Zoo - Dallas" on your favorite music streaming site. I found it on my TuneIn Radio app.

[www.dallasnews.com]

Peace, Love and Rock 'n' Roll

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 11:07AM by Frank.
Re: KZEW radio station
June 16, 2017 02:23PM
Listened to the Zoo for a couple of years after it first aired then it became more commercial and started listening Q102 for a while. In the early 80s I was one of two guys that were the Q102 Skydiver.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2017 02:35PM by Mr. Freeze.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login