Exchange Park History
January 30, 2007 01:40PM
I work at the Exchange Park and am fascinated by its "secret" history that people here don't know about any longer - like Mickey Mantle's bowling alley, etc. I would be interested in learning more about the history of the complex from those who know.
Thanks!
Wayne
Re: Exchange Park History
January 30, 2007 02:20PM
I remember in the early 60s the simple kid pleasure of calling the Exchange Bank and getting the automated time.
January 30, 2007 03:53PM
I remember that W.O."Bill" Blakely owned a bank and an insurance company there. He later ran for Senator, i believe it was, and failed. At the time he spent a record amount in his failed run for that position.
January 30, 2007 04:23PM
there was a cool restaurant there called LA TUNISIA. it was very exotic and had a black man who looked about 8ft tall standing out front in a beautiful costume and huge hat.
if it was someones birthday they would sing happy birthday in some foriegn language!
debby
January 31, 2007 02:34AM
I do remember that place. Never ate there but remember seeing that guy outside.
I did attend a meeting there at the Quadrant Club once. That would have been later in the early eighties.
January 31, 2007 09:18PM
My understanding is that La Tunisia was in the building now housing the Salvation Army - not sure if that is correct or not
February 22, 2017 04:31PM
I am looking for information about the nondenominational chapel-on-the-mall that was located in Exchange Park. Does anyone know its former location and what happened to it? The 13 modern stained glass windows were designed by Gabriel Loire and "The Moses Window" was the focal point.

From reading old Dallas Morning News articles, it sounds like Exchange Park was quite the "city of the future" with shopping, offices, landscaped parks, and a hotel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 04:37PM by dfwcre8tive.
February 23, 2017 09:17AM
Braniff had offices thereā€¦for how long? Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login