Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bubbles Cash?

Posted by Buck 
Re: Bubbles Cash?
February 25, 2007 06:27AM
Okay, I know those seemed like the good old days because I was 14 and had no bills, no worries, and just had to attend school and have fun. Bubbles just happened to be there as a cute girl in a small town.
September 17, 2007 07:59AM
I knew Bubbles, her sister and mom from the Boarding house in Grand Prairie. We kept in touch through my mother until her death. Last time I saw Bubbles she had a little Pawn Shop on I believe Webbs Chapel in Dallas. Bubbles was a fine person with a heart of gold and I would love to contact her again. Memories fade but never die.
June 30, 2012 07:52PM

Bubbles,
It's your old friend Janice. Your neighbor on Webbs Chapel back in 1977 or 1978. The last time I saw you was in 1994 at your pawn shop when I came up there from Bryan/College Station. I would love to see/talk to you or Keily. I miss you my friend.
Janice smiling smileyhot smiley
June 30, 2012 07:55PM

Bubbles,
It's your old friend Janice. Your neighbor on Webbs Chapel back in 1977 or 1978. The last time I saw you was in 1994 at your pawn shop when I came up there from Bryan/College Station. I would love to see/talk to you or Keily. I miss you my friend.
Janice smiling smileyhot smiley
Mac
July 01, 2012 06:20AM
Here are some ads I found in one of the Dallas newspapers.

[www.flickr.com]

[www.ohio66.com]

[redoakkid.wordpress.com]
September 04, 2012 05:35PM
Hello I read the posts on Bubbles with much curiosity.I don't know her but I attended the same Lee Jr. High after her time there.
I worked in the attendance office @ first period.The principal at that time was Mr. Little. One day he mentioned to me she had gone to Lee.
Another interesting point concerning the posts is that her mother had a boarding house on Main next to the Western Auto. My mother lived in a house@ that location while growing up in Grand Prairie. I recall her saying the address as 313 E. Main. I believe the house was torn down sometime before the Western Auto was built.
Bubbles is mentioned in a book with the title "Cotton Bowl Days". The author is a sports writer who grew up in Dallas and spent Sundays@ the
Cotton Bowl watching the Cowboys.She apparently caused a stir back in those days!
Maybe Ms. Cash can be contacted via Facebook.I would like to meet such a renowned entertainer from old GP. Bubbles aka Esemay if you read this, then drop me an email as we have the same alma mater.It's a grade school these days.
Randell
September 05, 2012 10:32AM
bubbles was a dallas treasure
bob
January 10, 2013 08:13PM
Randell, this was around 1963. The house was on the west side of Western Auto. I have a friend that stayed at the Cash Boarding House. I will pick his brains. Joe Hendricks was in charge of LJH back then. He was a really cool guy, his licks were like a " Peck On The Cheek".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 08:46PM by bob.
January 28, 2013 06:52AM
Marti Kim died about 6 or 8 yeard ago ,had comps from Hep C.. real name WANDA
bob
January 28, 2013 07:45PM
jelly teefo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marti Kim died about 6 or 8 yeard ago ,had comps
> from Hep C.. real name WANDA

jelly, we were talking about Bubbles Cash, but the name Marty Kim rings a bell. Could you tell us more?
February 20, 2013 12:20AM
Marty Kim was a stripper at the Athens Strip. She had a very large chest.
bob
February 23, 2013 08:27PM
Hey Dave, welcome, and thanks for helping with these old memories. This must be the same Marty that lived on Emmett St. in Oak Cliff. She was a professional stripper in Dallas and fits (very much) the description you stated. She had two little boys. One, named Travis, was struck by a car and left crippled. I remember this being around 1970. My mom still lives on the block.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 09:40PM by bob.
February 24, 2013 10:08PM
I used to oogle the burlesque ads in the Dallas Morning News. We didn't have any National Geographics with bear chested native women!

Dave Lewis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2013 10:27PM by ratfink23T.
May 12, 2013 11:54AM
I just wanted to add that many years ago, 28 or 30, I was acquainted with Marti Kim. I spent Thanksgiving with her once. She cooked turkey, dressing and several different pies (from scratch, I would like to add). She could really cook. Her home was immaculate. Clean and lovely. Marti came from dirt poor people. No education. I just wanted folks to know that she was more than a big chested stripper dancing to "Minnie The Moocher" up on a stage. Rest in peace, Marti.
Oh, and if I ever came across her little "book of clients" I would post each and every name. I hear she sold it for a handsome price.
bob
May 16, 2013 07:43PM
Hi gretchenfetchin, welcome, and I was wondering if this was the same Marti that lived on Emmett St. in Oak Cliff?
January 01, 2014 07:42PM
I knew Bubbles and Candy Bar back in the 60's. Please have her contact me.
Sherry Summers catniip@yahoo.com
January 03, 2014 12:12PM
mike h. ever heard of bubbles credit
January 18, 2014 10:32PM
Anyone know what became of Bubbles' daughter, Keily? I knew her some back in late eighties and early nineties. I'd like to make contact with her again. She worked mainly at King's Lounge (now known as Kings Cabaret) on Market Center Blvd. I bought a few things for my mother from Bubbles place back in nineties, as it was a couple miles from my workplace.
May 19, 2014 03:19PM
I knew Bubbles too,but not as well,she was close with my friend Crystal canada. Marti and family were good friends of mine here in Oak cliff.Stilkeep touch with one son.
July 21, 2014 08:41PM
You can check Bubbles out in all her glory on Youtube in the film "Mars Needs Women", an extrmely low budget movie shot in Dallas by director Larry Buchanan, staring ex mousketeer Tommy Kirk, Yvonne "Batgirl" Craig, also from Dallas, and Neil Fletcher, who when he wasn't acting was inventing something called a "corn dog". The movie is not good but it has some great shots of 1960's Dallas including a Cotton Bowl game between SMU amd Baylor. The Home Coming queen in the film I believe was the actual Home Coming queen of SMU for 1966,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login