Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bubbles Cash?

Posted by Buck 
Bubbles Cash?
July 08, 2000 06:47AM
I know this isn't as historic as Bonnie & Clyde or Grapevine Springs.<p>But a friend from Tennessee wrote the other day asking whatever happened to Bubbles Cash, the stripper/streaker from Dallas in the 1970s. Last I heard of her was 10 years ago when she ran a gimmick campaign for governor.<p>I couldn't find anything recent in the Dallas News archive. Anybody know more?<p>--Buck<br><br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>
Re: Bubbles Cash?
June 15, 2002 03:07PM
June 16, 2002 08:04PM
Of course! &quot;Top Cash&quot;
Thanks, Gerald!
--Buck
February 07, 2005 08:49PM
I, too have been searching for Bubbles Cash. I met her once and would like to meet her again and gain some answers on burlesque in Dallas during the 60s.
Peterk
February 08, 2005 05:35AM
here are some links to info about Ms Cash
[www.combat-diaries.co.uk]
[feralhouse.com]
[home.texoma.net]
[www.imdb.com]
February 08, 2005 06:04PM
Where did she go after closing her pawn shop Top Cash in Dallas in (the mid or late 90s ?)?
Peterk
February 08, 2005 06:16PM
have no earthly idea
February 08, 2005 07:04PM
I remember a buddy got her autograph at a Cowboy game in junior high. In each loop of the big 'B' in Bubbles, she drew sort of nipples. Quite a character. My brothers were more fans of Marty Kim.
February 09, 2005 05:58AM
I am searching for a lead on Bubbles, Shari Angel and also Chris Colt and her 45s from the 60s era of Burlesque in Dallas TX. Any leads would be appreciated. I think Bubbles also had a daughter that stripped in Dallas during the 90s but I don't know her name.
Mike H
February 11, 2005 05:17PM
Could that have been Tiny Bubbles?
February 11, 2005 05:26PM
Never heard of Tiny Bubbles? Stripper?
February 12, 2005 11:24AM
Uh, there was nothing tiny about Ms. Cash. I did see there was a book published in the 70's called &quot;Jack Ruby's Girls&quot;, or &quot;The Girls Of Jack Ruby&quot;. It pretty much went into detail about all those early strippers.
February 12, 2005 09:09PM
That's all right Mike. I got it and enjoyed the play on words.
had a teacher called bubbles
February 14, 2005 11:37PM
Call me crazy but in the early 70's at McCullough Middle School I had a teacher who someone found out was an ex-stripper named Bubbles. Im not certain but I think she finally admitted to our class something about it and not to mention it again (things sure were more liberal in the 70s!). I doubt its the same bubbles thats mentioned here, but you never know yawning smiley) - curly
February 17, 2005 07:10PM
Bubbles Cash is my aunt. She lives in Fort Worth right now with her daughter and her grandson L.V. She's still as nice as she ever was, but without being disrespectful she has gotten a little...big. She still keeps all her publicity photos and such, but she doesn't like to be called Bubbles in public.
We go over there all the time, and sometimes me and L.V. have some fun. Lately, though he has been a little not all there. Tried to stab me with a fork!
Well, there ya go.
February 17, 2005 07:11PM
Right now, she is (I think) a security guard and plays the guitar at clubs and such on the side.
Don
April 11, 2005 12:00AM
Jeff
Did you ever contact Bubbles or Ms. Cash?
D
April 22, 2005 07:00AM
Here name was Esemay Cash. She lived in Grand Prairie where her mother owned the Cash Inn on main street. She got the name Bubbles from chewing bubble gum....she is about 56 or 57 years old now....
February 24, 2007 08:05PM
I attended Lee Jr High in Grand Prairie with Esemay Cash. Her Mom's boarding house was next door to Western Auto on Main St. My best memory of her was walking home in her grey skirt and pink sweater. Ah, the good old days!
February 24, 2007 08:56PM
I attended Lee Jr High in Grand Prairie with Esemay Cash. Her Mom's boarding house was next door to Western Auto on Main St. My best memory of her was walking home in her grey skirt and pink sweater. Ah, the good old days!
...bob
Okay, I recognize that the 'good old days' depend upon one's perspective, but sometimes it would be nice to get a little honest-to-goodness H2O around here. I ain't got an aqualung, and neither do my neighbors.
My own great-grandmother seems to have been a 'soiled dove.' I would have loved her, regardless of what she may have done for a living. I have her hands (or some fella's) and probably a lot more.
I'm not denying that brothel- strip club- (x-rated bookstore-) history is legitimate, but there is a point where the air gets real stuffy. And people spoke out about them back in the day, too.
I cried when I saw photos of Alex Troup's archaeological finds.
Good grief!
Holly
PS. But love ya, Bubbles smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login